This 4-hour tour begins on the Ketchikan cruise ship dock and is customizable at any point along the way. Choose from wildlife viewing areas, waterfalls, totem pole parks, and many more! Each Hummer carries two sets of binoculars and umbrellas for the guests to use while on tour. Guests should consider this tour as a private car service with a knowledgeable Alaskan tour guide. Custom stops can include, but are not limited to shopping, dinning or exploring just about anything on the island. Additionally, wildlife stops can be made at any time the opportunity arises!
Note: When exploring Alaska, please consider packing clothing items that can be layered including a lightweight shirt, sweater, and jacket allowing you to adapt to varying temperatures. Lightweight raingear, waterproof hiking shoes, hat, and gloves should be considered as well. Binoculars are provided to enhance wildlife viewing opportunities. Water and a light snack are provided.
Please indicate in the special requests box the top 5 options that interest you:
1. City tour of Ketchikan: Traveling through the back streets you will see city highlights and historical aspects of Ketchikan.
2. Rainforest/Beach Walk: A stroll through the rainforest leading out onto one of Ketchikan's favorite beaches.
3. Potlatch Park: A family owned Totem Park with totem poles carved by a local carver, a clan house and access to one of Ketchikan's scenic shorelines.
4. Totem Bight State Park: This beautiful State Park offers a unique totem circle, clan house and access to one of Ketchikan's scenic shorelines.
5. Ward Creek Trail: Watch for wildlife as you stroll a trail through the Tongass National Rainforest leading to a beautiful view of Ward Creek.
6. Lunch Creek Trail: With a rapid flowing creek in a beautiful rainforest setting, this trail starts slowly and gradually increases in elevation as you wind along a scenic trail through the rain forest.
7. Herring Cove: The cove's mix of fresh and salt water provides opportunities to see a unique mix of seasonal wildlife.
8. Beaver Falls: A beautiful waterfall just south of town. Watch as the water cascades down the mountainside.
9. Saxman Native Village and Totem Park: The world's largest collection of authentic totem poles. Take a walk through the park as your guide brings to life the legends of the totems.
10. Totem Heritage Center: Tour this collection of preserved totems from all over Southeast Alaska and learn more about the local native culture.
11. Southeast Alaska Discovery Center: Offering information about Alaska's wilderness areas, ecosystems, wildlife, natural resources, public lands and native cultures. This center is both educational and entertaining.
What to expect
- Enjoy a private tour of the Island in Rugged Luxury of an H2 Vehicle
- Experience the awe-inspiring beauty of Ketchikan
- Embark on this incredible expedition with family and friends
About this Activity
|Price||$689.00 per guest|
|Duration / Session||4 hours|
24-hour fully refundable; In the event of cruise ship port cancellation - fully refundable