When you think Chicago, it’s hard to ignore the deep dish pizza. Get an exclusive view inside four famous Chicago pizzerias on this three and a half hour tour, and enjoy delicious slices at each, while getting an inside look at the kitchen. With this pizza tour, go beyond the well-known pizza shops, and dive into the neighborhoods where the locals eat. Get behind the scenes, into the kitchens, and listen to the chefs as they describe the passion and craftsmanship that goes into each and every pizza. In between tastings, discover interesting facts about pizza making in this great city. This tour isn’t limited to the famed deep-dish pizza, however, you’ll also sample tavern-style, and Neapolitan pizza too. Make sure to come hungry!
You’ll visit four of the following top Chicago pizzerias:
- Pizano's Pizza and Pasta - traditional deep-dish pizza
- Coalfire - the first coal oven pizza joint in Chicago
- Spacca Napoli Pizzeria - Verace Pizza Napoletana (certified Neapolitan pizza)
- redFLAME Pizzeria - the only grilled pizza in Chicago!
- Italian Fiesta Pizzeria - Obama's favorite home-town pizza
- Pequod's Pizza – deep-dish pan pizza
- Apart Pizza - Northern Italian-inspired artisanal pizza
- Flo & Santos - South Side tavern-style pizza
- Gino's East – deep-dish pizza with cornmeal crust
Note: Exact meeting location will be provided upon booking.
No fees charged for cancellations at least seven days prior to activity. Cancellation notice given between three and six days in advance will incur a 50% cancellation fee. No refunds will be given within two days of class.