The world turned its attention fully on one of the most beautiful cities ever built or dreamed for the "Columbian Exposition of 1893." As one author said, "Nothing in Paris, Rome, or London was near as perfect as Chicago's White City"!!"‹ Come experience many of the amazing features of not only this colossal event but the "Century of Progress" in 1933-34 as well!
Walk along the fairgrounds of both Fairs and relive what people saw for the first time during these stupendous affairs. Learn what is what like to experience some of the following:
- Sitting atop the 25-story tall Ferris Wheel overlooking the world's first "Midway" 123 years ago.
- Watching Sally Rand and Farida Mazhur allure admiring fans with their Fan Dance and Belly Dance.
- Viewing racers in "rocket cars" traveling between 628-foot towers overlooking today's Northerly Island.
- Touring the Manufacturers and Liberal Arts Building - so large you could fit the Great Pyramid of Giza, U.S. Capitol Bldg., St. Paul's Cathedral, Winchester Cathedral and Madison Square Garden inside!
- Walking in the wonder of Osaka Gardens that still flourish today on Wooded Island in Jackson Park.