Pop culture has taught us not to go chasing waterfalls, and to just stick to the rivers and lakes that you’re used to. However, life needs a little TLC and adventure, and canyoneering specialists wouldn’t disagree. With Discover Outdoors, you'll hike through the woods, chase waterfalls, and go down them... sort of. Like a rescue unit or a film hero, you'll descend narrow gorges using a system of rappels with fresh water splashing you in the face, making you feel worlds away from the city. Rappelling down five cascading waterfalls, you'll drop over 1,500 feet. This experience tests your strength, endurance, and bravery. Note: You must be at least 18 years old to participate. Meeting and return locations will be at Eastern Mountain Sports at Broadway and 76th St. Packing List:
- Top: Wear a layering system of polypropylene, Capilene, Dry-fit, polyester; any technical wicking fabric. Bring a rain jacket and hat
- Bottoms: Hiking pants made of synthetic material
- Feet: Sturdy hiking boots or trail runners -- your footwear must fit your foot well and have an aggressive sole. Polyester or polypropylene hiking socks
- Backpack: You must have a good backpack that securely holds your lunch, water and extra clothes. Bring a ziplock bag for your phone if you plan to have it in your pack
- Bring: Change of dry clothes for the ride home (the dry clothes will be left in the van)
A full refund less a 5% credit card fee will be given only if cancellation notice is provided at least two weeks prior to your scheduled activity. If cancellation notice is provided between two weeks and one week prior to your scheduled activity, a full credit will be provided. A full credit less a $30/person rescheduling fee will be given for rescheduling notice provided between one week prior and 3pm on the Thursday before the scheduled activity date. No refunds or credit will be given for cancellations after 3pm on the the Thursday before your scheduled activity date.