This tour will bring out your true red, white, and blue. Your day begins with an early ferry ride to beat the crowds and explore the Statue of Liberty, followed by a visit to Ellis Island where you'll see the trials and tributes of immigrants looking for a chance in a free land.
Afterwards, head back to Battery Park for a brief lunch break before heading through downtown Manhattan to pay your respects at the 9/11 museum. Here, witness stunning memorials of lives lost and American Heroes, before heading to the One World Observatory to be inspired by the brilliant experience.
You will see the most popular -- and most pivotal -- sites in New York, without the complications of navigating crowds and planning the day yourself. Let your guides take care of the details and logistics while you appreciate this seminal piece of American history.
Note: Gratuities to guides are appreciated but never obligatory.
Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.
Tour participants must be able to climb and descend 215 stairs from the Statue lobby to the top of the pedestal.
In front of St Peters Church, at the intersection of Barclay and Church Street. Meet your guide at 2:45 pm for a strict 3:00 pm departure.
By taxi: Tell driver to drop you at the intersection of Barclay and Church Street
By Subway: 2/3/4/5 Wall St Station; 1/R Rector St Station
What to expect
- Visit 2 top attractions in NYC, the Statue of Liberty and the 9/11 Memorial, on this stress-free tour
- Ride one of the first ferries of the day to Liberty Island where you'll have special pedestal access, and take a tour that will follow the steps of 12 million immigrants. Walk the Stairs of Separation and get a feel for how it must have felt for lovers and families as they awaited their fate–and the start of a new life in land of the free.
- Walk to the 9/11 Memorial to see the Reflecting Pool and Ladder 10, and enjoy guaranteed access to the One World Observatory
- Learn the fascinating history of Ellis Island, followed by lunch, and conclude the day with a trip to the 9/11 memorial, where you will hear stories of heroism in the face of tragedy. One World Tower is a testament to a city that was knocked down and got back up again. Get to the heart of that terrible tragedy and learn how NYC rebuilt itself bigger and better. Visit St. Pauls's church, where families and friends went to pray, offer support and await news in the immediate aftermath of the attacks; as testified by the hand-drawn card sand memorials, personal memorabilia and photographs that still hang there.
- At the 9/11 Memorial too, your guide will make your visit that bit more special. See the Twin Reflecting Pools, built in the footprints of the World Trade Centre and engraved with the names of every victim. Learn the little nuances that make it more touching;like how staff place a single rose in the name of each victim on their birthday. Visit the Fireman’s Memorial to pay tribute to those brave men and women who worked around the clock after the attacks. See the Survivor’s Tree, a single tree which miraculously survived the attacks and was nursed back to health by New Yorkers, as a symbol of their enduring strength.
- Experience some of the most important sites in American history
About this Activity
|Price||$125.00 per guest|
|Duration / Session||8 hours|
Cancellation notice must be provided at least 72 hours in advance in order to receive a full refund.