Ever wonder how Sedona got its name or why the rocks are red? Well, get all your questions answered and more on this wonderful introductory tour. Learn about Sedona's fascinating history. Your guide will show you breathtaking vistas and colorful points of interest as you learn about Sedona's past. This tour is fully customized according to the interests and abilities of the group. Before the start of the tour, your tour guide will go over the available options for the tour.
The most popular route includes:
- A drive through Oak Creek Canyon, one of the 10 most scenic drives in the nation
- A stop at the Oak Creek Vista to take in the amazing views and browse Native American jewelry and crafts
- Airport Mesa, which offers the most breathtaking view of West Sedona and its famous red rocks
- Airport Vortex (short hike) - Your guide will explain the history and meaning of these "magical" places
- Chapel of the Holy Cross - Built in 1956, this beautiful, architectural wonder is built right into the red rocks of Sedona
- Schnebly Hill Rd. - Sedona's first road out of the canyon. This primitive dirt road offers amazing views of Sedona
- Red Rock Crossing / Cathedral Rock - Visit the famous Cathedral Rock, seen in several films, walk along the beautiful Oak Creek, visit a vortex site, and more
- Other options include Bell Rock, Gallery Row, Tlaquepaque and Boynton Canyon
Note: Hotel pickup and dropoff is available for all uptown Sedona hotels. Please provide your hotel information in the Special Requests field when placing your booking. If you are staying at other hotels or live in the area, you will need to meet the tour at a central location, which will be provided upon booking. This tour is fully customized according to the interests and abilities of the group. Before the start of the tour, your tour guide will go over your available options.