Experience the Sonoma wine region in a unique way – on the Sonoma Valley Wine Trolley. Jump aboard this historical replica of a San Francisco cable car and grab a seat on a special wine tasting adventure you will never forget. This open-air trolley will let you experience the picturesque vineyards like no other tour. On this tour, your friendly and knowledgeable guide will take you to four family-owned wineries for tastings. You will visit Sonoma's top historic landmarks and enjoy a gourmet picnic lunch during one of the scenic stops.
Your day in California wine country starts as you hop aboard the Sonoma Wine Trolley, modeled after the famous historical cable cars of San Francisco. Enjoy the breeze as your knowledgeable tour guide whisks you off to four outstanding Sonoma-area wineries, known for both their wines and their hospitality.
Each wine tasting takes place in a private setting, where your own representatives at each winery will explain the different varietals you’ll sample and the background of the wineries.
There will be wonderful photo opportunities on this tour and your friendly guide will be happy to take a photo or two of your group so you can document your memorable day in wine country.
In addition to your live guide, a local historian and actor, George Webber, provides the recorded narration of the Sonoma Wine Country Trolley. Between winery stops, enjoy his upbeat, whimsical commentary and stories as you travel through California's early history. Some of the historic landmarks you’ll see on the tour include:
• The Sonoma and Swiss hotels
• General Vallejo's Soldier Barracks
• Mission San Francisco Solano (Sonoma Mission)
• Blue Wing Inn
• Bear Flag Monument
• General Vallejo's Home and State Park
• Sonoma Development Center
• Town of Glen Ellen
Enjoy lunch in a hidden-gem location, which may be among a vineyard, on a garden terrace or in a wine cellar, depending on the weather. Indulge in a picnic catered by Sonoma’s famous The Girl & the Fig restaurant, four-star rated on OpenTable and Yelp. Their delicious and hearty lunches are served family style, allowing everyone to pick and choose from a variety of sandwiches, side salads and desserts. Bottled water is included.
Note: Lunch and pick-up/drop-off from selected hotels is included in your ticket purchased. Wine tasting fee at each winery ($10-15 at each winery) is not included in the ticket price.
Here are all the pick up locations available:
Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn - 9:30am
• Sonoma Valley Inn (Best Western) - 9:45am
• The Lodge at Sonoma - 10am
• MacArthur Place - 10:15am
• Sonoma Plaza (front of City Hall) - 10:30am
What to expect
- Experience the Sonoma wine region on the open-air Sonoma Valley Wine Trolley
- Visit family owned wineries with friendly and knowledgeable guides
- See many of Sonoma's historic landmarks and enjoy a gourmet picnic lunch
- Hear upbeat, whimsical commentary and stories about California's early history
About this Activity
|Price||$99.00 per guest|
|Duration / Session||6 hours|
There are no refunds; all sales final.