Your journey begins with a drive through San Joaquin Valley and into the Sierra Nevada range. In the morning, you will be driven to a giant sequoia grove (snow depth permitting), stopping along the way for a bird's-eye view of the whole valley. You can relax in the picnic area and have lunch (not included) among the giant sequoia trees.
After lunch, you will have the opportunity to go on a short one-hour hike to the falls or grab a snack at the Yosemite Lodge. You will have three to four hours to spend at Yosemite National Park, with a range of activities to suit everyone, which may include some of the following:
- Hike to one of Yosemite's waterfalls
- Watch the climbers on El Capitan
- Rent bikes for a relaxing cycle on the flat bike paths throughout the valley
- Cool off in lovely river pools in summer
- Spot a black bear
- Relax at the visitors center, with museums, restaurants and the Ansel Adams Gallery to inspire every amateur photographer
Please note: The weather in Yosemite is highly variable and includes rain and snow in winter and high temperatures in summer. The itinerary may be adapted to make the most of Yosemite during different seasons and times of the year.
Note: The Giant Sequoias are best visited between May and October. During the rest of the year, snow and ice conditions may prevent access to roads and trails.