If you've got a thing for the quirky, you'll love this musical trip back to the 60s!
Armed with a mini-guitar, your witty troubadour and historian tour guide is sure to keep you entertained as you walk around the Haight-Ashbury neighborhood, enjoying wailing tales of Janis Joplin, the Grateful Dead, Hell's Angels, and more!
Learn about Ken Kesey's Acid Tests, the Summer of Love, and the psychedelic substances that rocked conservative America into a technicolor wonderland.
Trust us -- you've never been on a tour like this one!
Note: Great for solo travelers and families. This tour has some talk of drugs and human sexuality, which may be considered inappropriate for young children.
Toddlers (0-4) join free.
What to expect
- Visit San Francisco's Haight-Ashbury and hear stories along the way, including the history of its glory days, from the Summer of Love to the Diggers' days
- Explore Haight Street and the surrounding area, including the homes of Janis Joplin, the Grateful Dead, Charles Manson and more
- Enjoy the music -- your knowledgeable guide comes equipped with a mini guitar to provide you with accompanying hippie songs along your wonder-filled walk
- Make 7-9 stops along the way, exploring the funky shops, local hangouts and other neighborhood favorites
- Hear about the history of the 1960s and 70s, and the influential community organizations that helped give the neighborhood its free flowing vibes
Book nowSelect a time slot to book (212) 858 9559
About this Activity
|Duration / Session||2 hours|
Refunds will be given up to 24 hours before the start of the tour (Wild SF Tours may cancel tour if less that 5 people signed up, and notify guests via email to re-book or refund). Tickets are non-refundable within 24 hours of tour's start. Tours happen rain or shine. If less than 4 have signed up, the tour may be cancelled. We will contact you by phone and email to refund or move your reservation to another tour.